Football Manager 2018

Approaching January window and managed to secure Silva (AC Milan) for 68M and buying back Chambers from Stoke for 19M (get 3M back on Percentage).

Downside, Otavia wants to leave, Mustafi being chased by Inter.

Monreal is off too but that’s a positive!

Well, seems my yoof is ok too - P26, W23, D1, L2, +92 GD…

I normally play little attention to the youth set up, though my under 20s are top of their league and flying but none of them look like they can set up or replace anyone in my 1sts. I have a few really good youth players who I have sent on loan to get 1st team experiences.

My youth team is ok - I have one superstar in the making and will blood him when he hits 18; 16 is too young.

I have a lot of deadwood in the young U18/U20s brackets. The EU Work Permit system is a pain as all U21s are subject to the rule meaning I have to ship them out on loan rather than have them on the bench ready to come on.

I am currently sitting in 2nd, one point behind LIverpool but 8 clear of Chelsea. Silva is still adjusting but it seems to have breathed fresh life into Augbamyeng and Mkatarian but they are big earners and will have to leave in the summer.

The group think I am an average manager as I am doing a fine but unspectacular job… should I be worried?

No need to worry - the change doesn’t kick in until end of season, depending on whether you hit your objectives.

Currently sitting 4th in the league, still only in my 1st full season at Roma. Liverpool knocked me out of the europa league at the quarters, Juve knocked me out of the cup in the semis. Very close at the top, though I think 3rd is my only realistic target unless there is some major upsets. Have a lot of injuries which isnt helping. Got Radja Nainggolan to stay with the promise we’ll get champions league football, which we should do (6 points clear of 5th with a game in hand) and have Dzeko playing out of his skin. Top rated player in the league and 3 top goal scorer (Ciro Immobile is way out in front!)

Hopefully finish the eage in the next few days and the look in to rebuilding again. Very little room with budget is hard, and no big names leaving (hopefully) means I’ll need to look to youth and loan market. Need a replacement LB for Kolarov as his 34 now and not getting the games he wants. And would like another shadow striker as back up to Nainggolan as dont really have anyone else who can play there.

AC Milan have missed out on the champions league due to failing fair play regulations! Not sen that one before.

wow, me neither. saw someone denied promotion a few years back (real years, so FM15 or 16), but not seen an AI managed club manage to run afoul of ffp before.

i’m always predicted to be failing on wage growth, then it rolls over and i’m fine.

Liverpool job has come up, tempted to go for it as Roma are in a mess financially, and to keep them competitive there is no quick fix. Wage bill is way too high, and I can’t afford to sign anyone. Just dont want to piss players/board off by going for it.