No Man's Sky - CooP

I went back to it when they introduced them and almost immediately quit when I saw the price. I need to find the planet of spiky balls Ad mentions because farming other resources is soul destroying.

i imagine it’s gone given the changes, but it’s just a lottery to try and find another one i guess. How much are the freighters? i never looked into it once my ship was big enough to meet my needs.

Why have I got 27 million in my head. That could be very wrong or I am thinking of a ship from elite

It could have changed now, but the last time I looked one of the freighters was several million before any extras. The really big ones were 20/30 million.

Apparently now a 48 slot really big ship is 160million…

I’ll see about jumping on tonight and snapping some prices from my local station.

Had a quick google there, On redit i saw this

I’ve seen one at 60 Million, it was a 16 slot though.

Large ones seem to be upwards of 280 million credits.

Seems to be making farms at your base is the way to get the money but it very grindy.

I might jump on this tonight to try and fix my ship up and find a better planet.

I have named a planet/solar system after ZiiP, but by fuck do I know where it is. Anyone any idea if/how I can find it?

Had a blast on this last night, found a crashed freighter, got all excited thinking I could fly it, but they are proper crashes! They have a lot of damaged stuff about but you need to be able to dig for them, so nades or terraforming tool needed, of which I had neither.

Still trying to get my wrap drive fueled, but I know there is a crashed ship on this planet, I was after it last night but the marker has disappeared. Hoping to find it to see if its better or if I can steal some stuff off it.

Have they not added way points or beacons in to the game yet?

I set a way point last night for the solar system named “ZiiP Gaming Community” but it didn’t come up. TBH, I cant remember half the controls and they are pretty bad on the controller. Got into a fight last night with a pirate and ended up having to fly away as the fecker was too nimble and I couldnt control my ship.

Played a bit more last night and tried a bit more mining, a bit more research hunting and some ship hunting.

Literally no activity is rewarding or fun. None of it.

• Finding crashed freighters: Can’t claim them, the loot amounts to expensive to repair objects that you only get nanites from…pointless.
  • Finding new crashed ships: These seem far less common and are a much bigger effort to repair than I remember them being. I do not remember having to repair inventory slots for credits and don’t remember them needing so much to just get off the ground.
  • Mining: Already spoke about this, I know, but I want to double down. It doesn’t make sense, isn’t financially rewarding or fun to actually do. Mining in other games is repetitive but because of the way it rewards you it can end up at worst tolerable. In this game it is a chore to mine stuff, get very little for it and can’t even really carry a haul big enough to make any real money even if you had the patience to sit and mine in such a slow, low-yield way. IT IS SO BAD.

Everything is such an effort and none of it is rewarding or fun. I’m going to keep saying that because it is about as far away from what a game should be as possible but they’ve been working on this for a long time now and not only are things NOT getting better, they’re actually getting worse in places with the performance really getting bad for no perceivable reason.

I will still try the MP, but without a really serious, concerted effort to change the systems in the game this game will never be fun. They could literally just go to any even remotely similar game and rip off the various systems and it would make the experience remotely fun.

Seriously, even though I’m bias and love the game, even if you took the grindy/repetetive mining/trading/ship stuff from Rebel Galaxy and literally just replicated it in to NMS it would be orders of magnitude more interesting to play.

God this game is a big fat pile of wasted potential.

Finally got off those shitty planets I was on, and wrapped to a new system. Went to a nice looking planet, and died in a cave after getting lost and drowning.

However, on the last planet I was on before leaving, I got an attachment for my multi-tool, which gives me more credits for scanning planets.

Follow up article on RPS:

Quite large space jaunt No Man’s Sky is getting an update next week that adds a “full multiplayer experience” to the game, allowing players to help and hurt one another across the procedural planets. No Man’s Sky Next is the biggest update to the game since its release two years ago, say developers Hello Games. We’ve already been told it was incoming but now we have a more solid idea of what you and your spacemates will be able to do, including better base building and frigate commanding. As you can see in the trailer below, it also lets you play in third-person, both in-ship and on foot.

To answer a question from earlier in the thread, it seems like this update will mess with terrain again:

“Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life,” says Sean Murray of Hello Games. “There’s also significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.”

“So don’t get attached to anything you currently have” seems a pretty safe assumption considering what has happened with previous terrain updates.

This sounds interesting though:

You’ll also be able to “assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter”. That bridge acts as a hub for friends too. You can invite them up to your spacepad and take “challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commission Station”.

It all sounds really, really expensive though, so we might all get bored before we ever reach that point.

We’ll see!

Sounds interesting. Did see a few screen shots that looked nice.

let it release, wait a few days, and reddit will tell us the easiest way to get the amount of money needed, and we can decide if we want to try it or not? For the Frigate/Freighter stuff at least.

It could take those days just trying to find each other lol

I’m assuming there’ll be some grouping mechanism or way of navigating to one another, please don’t let that be summer 2019s big feature.

Today is the day but no sign of an update yet. Any one else?

Update due about 2pm.

Going to have a round of golf around 7 with jes and scotty, so will jump on this after if its updated.

Nothing as of yet!

Seems Hello Games sent the update to Steam yesterday and Steam are currently sitting on it.