Post Scriptum

Looks like a game similar to Hell Let Loose but has similarities to Squad.

You play as the British instead of the US.

Trailer

Home Page (Currently in Alpha on Steam)

Gameplay

Bio:

Players will be given the option to fight with the British Airborne Division, British XXX Corps or several branches of the German Army, such as the Wehrmacht or the Waffen SS. It’s a rare opportunity to experience the intense battlefield that was the Battle of Arnhem, which stretched across farms, woods, villages and city areas. Each area is being accurately recreated from archival references that range from street level to aerial images. Whether you’re jumping out of a plane, resupplying friendlies or operating a tank you will find multiple reasons to drop back into the battlefield in this grand scaled representation of a WW2 setting never explored in a large multiplayer environment.

Here’s a thing about mod teams who become developers: they know better than anyone how to support fan-made content. When veterans of the beloved Battlefield 2 mod Project Reality made their standalone shooter, Squad, they also gave their community an SDK powered by Unreal Engine 4.

Two years on, thanks to those tools, Squad has birthed another studio and another standalone shooter: Periscope Games and their WWII combat simulation, Post Scriptum.

The people in the video have insider knowledge on “Hell Let Loose”

It’s steam page

‘The Bloody Seventh’ is our name for the initial focus of the project as we feel it succinctly details the struggle that the British paratroopers had to endure while waiting for their army counterpart to establish a link through the lower Rhine.

Players will be given the option to fight with the British Airborne Division, British XXX Corps or several branches of the German Army, such as the Wehrmacht or the Waffen SS. It’s a rare opportunity to experience the intense battlefield that was the Battle of Arnhem, which stretched across farms, woods, villages and city areas. Each area is being accurately recreated from archival references that range from street level to aerial images. Whether you’re jumping out of a plane, resupplying friendlies or operating a tank you will find multiple reasons to drop back into the battlefield in this grand scaled representation of a WW2 setting never explored in a large multiplayer environment.

More details/gameplay/etc.

This is an exclusive interview with the makers behind Post Scriptum but in game.

Interesting to listen to.

Can’t seem to find any written article but I am searching about.

There does seem to be a lot of new shooters coming out based around the world wars at the moment.

It’s almost like some sort of world war themed shooter epeen competition!

If I could program I’d create:

WORLD WAR SHOOTYFIELD 1.5 MEGA SPITFIRE FLAMETHROWER LIMITED SPECIAL WAR EDITION 9000

I think there is a testing weekend for this at moment, so hopefully some more footage will appear. I really like this look of this game.