Warhammer Painting

25 days later (Thanks - I assume - , GW) the Nids, Tau and Mahreeens have arrived. The ‘First Strike’ box is really heavy so I’ll do some pics of what you get in it - if it is as much as it feels from the weight it is worth the monies.

Oh yeah and the Hermes deliver guy threw the box over our 6 foot garden gate, the dick.

Another not so positive experience all around with Wayland but since both times the negatives have been the result of GWs sucky treatment of 3rd parties and delivery companies being fucking useless I really can’t chalk it up to being Wayland Games’ fault.

I might pick up my next boardgame from them instead of Fan Boy 3 or Amazon and see how I fair then.

SO MUCH PLASTIC CRACK TO NOT PAINT!

Found out what these are today from a post on a 40k FB group. Revell are repackaing old runs from 2nd, 3rd and 5th edition 40k releases that GW apparently had a cache of as well as producing new models using old moulds/casts with changes to make them ‘easy assemble’.

They’re going really quite cheap in bunch of different places with things like the 3rd edition landspeeder kit going for less than £10 on ebay with P&P. Some dude on the FB group I joined with @spoonlamp went and spent £30 and got something like 5 bikes, a termie and a squad of marines.

Interesting behaviour on GWs part.

Kate grabbed us a Gundam each but with postage from Japan they take a while and only one has turned up after nearly a month.

They’re surprisingly easy to build and this one didn’t require any glue to build at all, using push pegs or different kinds of joints straight off the sprues. I’m a little disappointed with the scale since I thought they’d be bigger and this one is pretty fragile when it’s all assembled but it was good fun building it:

Oh and the pile of shame is begging me and Kate to get our act together which we’re looking at starting on again sometime this week:

Dam it Vred…now im gunna have to go through all my boxes in the loft to find out my Gundams

Oh, I’ll show you a pile of shame later on. I’ll stack up everything that I have at the moment that needs attention.

Also, interesting scheme on the Necron!

I’ll dig out my painted Crons at some point and post up pics, the scheme was a bitch to paint but I really like it.

Did a tiny bit on the pile of shame and started shaping Yondu’s mohawk on the test head:

Not sure yet, but I’ll paint it up and see.

Edit: I’m going for the prototype Yondu fin.

So… Ummmm, this doesn’t include the 50+ spaceships I have from Dropfleet Commander as there is no dedicated box for it. This also doesn’t include the half-painted army of Necrons, Lizardmen and Imperial Guard detachment that I have built.
This might take a while.

And let’s not forget about the 200+ models coming from 2 Kickstarter pledges and the inevitable purchasing of all future Necromunda gangs too. :blush:

:smile: