ZiiP Book Club - What are you reading atm?

Prequel book to the game.

Slowly, very slowly getting through this. Need to read much more!!

Also this. Coz Physics. eh @Xander

Finished Roadside Picnic and also Northern Lights in Italy.

Roadside%20picnic

Roadside Picnic was phenomenal. Having played the STALKER Games first I had some idea of what to expect. What I didn’t expect was such a human and low down vision of a world hit with bizarre phenomena. That the book delves into both the positive and negative sides of aliens leaving behind such crazy tech and hazards from everyone’s perspective is awesome. Highly recommend a read.

Northern%20Lights

Northern Lights was a recommendation by my GF. It’s a young adult novel but that’s bollocks - there’s an armoured polar bear fight that would fit right into a 18 rated movie in there! Great read, well paced with some excellent world building.

Going to move onto the Subtle Knife and finish the Dark Materials Trilogy later in the year…

Got a longer commute these days so I’m hoping to finally get back in some reading. Currently making good progress in the Welcome to Night Vale book, based on the podcast of the same name. Quirky, charming and lovecraftian at the same time. Night Vale is a quiet desert town where all conspiracy theories are true and time doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to.

That Northern Lights trilogy is fantastic. The world building just gets better and better, and I personally loved the whole “anti-church” theme throughout the series.

THE FUCKING RIFTWAR SAGA HAS BEEN PICKED UP FOR TV!!! :open_mouth:

Fuck. Yes. I just hope that it has some solid production value behind it!

Ohhh nice. Actually re-reading these at the moment :slight_smile: